Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sydney- Well...

So this week has been interesting. In a good and bad way. Haha.
 
First off, Google is pretty awesome. The toilets are amazing. The seats are heated, and they have a water fountain that wipes for you. Pretty dang nastayyy.
 
I can't remember what exactly happened that day, but I know for sure that nothing worked out. We taught Espy that night! That worked out. She is totally awesome. She lives with all members and always goes to church. She really likes me because she thinks I am funny. No idea where she got that idea from.
 
The next day was really strange. Sister Zidek was in a weird mood, and I was in a weird mood. Something was really off. WE went to all these houses and no one answered. No one kept their appointments. It was que triste. When we were contacting, no one was nice to us. Usually people ignore us, but this time they were telling us we were going to go to hell, and we were just down, and then we saw this nice lady smiling at us, and we walked up to her to give her a card, and she was a member. Dang snap! At least she was nice. So after that we wen tto visit the Auxiers, and they weren't home! So we both had the thought to go home and search our area book. There are so many investigators that were just forgotten! Our area is HUGE! So this Saturday we are going to explore our area. After that, life was awesome. We taught Irma Barreta and her family, they are the Portuguese family I teach. Which is super nice. She cooks Brazilian food por nosotros. It's super awesome. After that, Espy forgot about our lesson because poor girl only gets 2 hours of sleep, but she walked outside and we shared a short scripture with her.
 
Nothing really happened on Tuesday. We taught Elizabeth, Jenny, y Stephanie. I asked their dad if he wanted to teach us how to play "football" aka "soccer" aka "the devil's sport". Soccer and no rides is seriously the only reason no Latino goes to church. Que annoying. Meh. We had ward council that night, and after that Sister Zidek compeletly ignored me. I was super confused. ANd then I walked out of the bathroom and she was crying. I felt like a horrible companion. I guess she was upset that Bishop wasn't talking to her and only me. She didn't know why she was here. But she did awesome at Ward Council.
 
The next day was worse, we woke up and she started walking without me, she would start driving away without me (kinda funny, ne? Haha), and everything I said, I would offend her. We weeded plants at Hidden Villa, taught Aidee, I made the wrong decision and said we should go to a musuem because it was just so awkward being alone, and she needed to shower. ANd then we went to the poupousary. All that day, I was just feeling down. I was doing everything wrong. I kept thinking "You are the worst companion ever" "Why are you here? You don't know Spanish!" "You should just go home!" I kept praying and praying and praying that my negative thoughts would stop. And every time I prayed, I was just prompted to ask for a blessing. So when Sister Zidek snapped at me, I snapped emotionally and I cried and cried. Our Zone Leaders where so confused (They were giving us a pep talk because apparantly we are OPENING A NEW AREA IN SPANISH!!! Possibly. It's on the down low). I tearfully asked for a blessing. And of course they said yes. My blessing was awesome. Y'all at home, don't worry about anything. Just do what you are supposed to do. God is watching out for you and will bless you. I need to study more about my Savior, eventually I will get to Brazil, but right now, it's apparantly really important for me to learn Spanish. That's what my blessing said: ITS VITAL APPARANTLY!! Thank you Sister Corbitt;) Haha. But yeah, the Zone Leaders gave me all this study stuff for Spanish. I need to excersise the Gift of Tongues pronto, because no entende espaniol. Or how to write in it apparantly. The blessing I got said that I have a purpose here in San Jose, and it's important that I seek for it.
 
And SIster Zidek and I are doing better. Thank goodness!! I can't handle female emotions.
 
I can't really think of anything else. Hahaha. Mi CABEZA!!! I really need to start keeping up with my journal. Meh. OH!! We had a wedding for Sister Green's brother that got married in Canada. With some teddy bears. WE ate dinner at the Bishops, who happens to be David B. Haights (How do you spell his last name??) grandson and is David the 3rd. 
 
Sunday was interesting. Sister Zidek spoke this Sunday. But since everyone bailed on speaking, I had to say my testimony too. Bishop warned me at his house, and said I could say it in English, but there was no possible way I was going to say my testimony in ENGLISH at a SPANISH ward! So I was the first one up, and I bore it in spanishnese. Woohoo! All these people just kept hugging me afterwards. I was like LET ME GO!!! Sister Zidek WAS AWESOME!!! She rocked that talk, but then we got home and she was ignoring me again. MEH. And we went contacting and we contacted Thomas. Oh Thomas. He thought we were sinners and were going to Hell because we were Mormons. It was nice, I felt like I was in High School again. I handled it perfectly, I was super nice to him. Sister Zidek and I bore are testimonies and said yada yada and gave us a pamplet. We left with a prayer. Got a lesson from it and a emotionally scared utah companion who isn't used to that. But after that the day went fine. We tried so hard to reach our goals, we kept pulling over next to people, giving them cards through the car or walking out and pretending we were walking somewhere. We were acting like crazy people. I guess missionaries are.

Today, we played soccer, meh, with our investigators dad. He is intense and we did all these crazy drills. WE made cookies, and now I am emailing.
 
I love y'all and will email you more!!! LATER!! Y'all are awesome!!
 
Love,
 
Hermana Powell

No comments

Post a Comment