Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sydney- Going to Google

So, I don't have a lot of time, because I am going to google! Yay! For lunch! Isn't that crazy?
 
This week has been interesting. I was super sick the first few days. On Monday, I accidently took a drowsy allergy pill and I was out. I can't remember going home early or falling asleep. So I started taking nondrowsy and I have been so much better! This week has been a blur.
 
One things I do remember, was teaching this less active boy named Jesse who frustrates the snot out of me! I just want to slap him sometimes. I was having a really hard time feeling charity towards him, and when we were going to teach him, I just kept thinking that I needed to be teaching someone else. But then, we got there and Sister Zidek shared an awesome scripture and I just opened my mouth to speak. I don't remember what I said, but Sister Zidek said she felt the spirit so strong. It wasn't me speaking, because if it was me, I would be saying some not some nice things. It didn't change him any, but I learned how important it is to love everyone. The Lord loves all his children, and He will testify of that love to all of them, even through uncharitable instruments. It is just a whole lot easier for Him to testify if they do feel it.
 
That night we had dinner with the Leeflangs and it was Sister Greens year mark. When the one hour flew by and no one was getting up to leave, I felt the spirit fly out too. It was awful, and I felt so uncomfortable. It is so important to feel the spirit and to be totally obedient.
 
Sister Green went to an exchange since she is like a Zone Leader for girls, so we were in a trio this week. Sister Bradshaw is struggling emotionally, so Sister Zidek and I made efforts to serve her. I haven't felt the spirit so strong or worked so hard. When you lose yourself for someone and focus your life on the Savior, you are so blessed. We were so obedient, and the Lord gave us so many opportunities. We found a new investigator named Yolanda who stood there holding her struggling son for fifteen minutes while we were talking to Braciliano (our reluctant investigator), to talk to us. It was amazing. I am so grateful Sister Bradshaw was prompted to give her a card. And I am so humbled by Sister Zidek. She used to be so shy speaking Spanish because of her old companion, but she taught this lady the first lesson basically by herself in Spanish! I am amazed how great her confidence has grown! She makes me want to study my Portuguese always. I want to help her so much, and Portuguese is so similar! So next time we teach someone, I am going to help her out. I want to serve people the best I can, including my companion.
 
It really is a small world,
Everyone here knows the Packards. I was sitting at this youth thing, and someone said "Natalie Packard post a new picture on Facebook!" And I was like whaaattttt!
 
And then I was at a members house and she was talking about this dashing Elder Packard that went to Chile and I first I thought she was talking about the seventy and I was like "what ever floats her little boat" and then I realized she was talking about Brent and I was like whaaaattt?! Small world, small world. So weird.
 
I love you all so much! I am so proud of y'all. None of my investigators are going to church so cross your fingers that they will! Talk to y'all later!
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment