Sunday, June 30, 2013

Alex- I look Thirteen

Sorry about my last 2 emails! It has been nearly impossible for me to get a library card, but I got one this week! Things in Jamaica are good :) We have been working really hard but I want to work harder! I love to walk but sometimes I forget that my companion is 31 and that the bus system is better even if its dirtier. hahaha We are working hard and are seeing miracles. :)
 
We are leanring the area. I dont think Ill ever lear the bus and subway system so my visa better get here before Sister Gonzalez leaves for home (she has one more transfer left) bc I will be lost the whole time. haha
 
We have been worling hard in the eliptical. We made some really cool posters which will hopefully attract people to the activities. At park time this week I had a cool experience. I went up and talked to a guy named Anthony and ended up teaching him basically all of the first lesson. WHICH IS A BIG DEAL! hahaha After we found out that his friend needed some help moving into her new apartment so as a district we helped her move. It was an awesome experience. I have learned that if you do what the Lord asks then everything else will fall into place.
 
For instance we have been visiting members and each time we find someone :) I dont know if I told you about Roosevelt. But he dropped his chapstick and ended up coming to church because I picked it up for him.
 
We have found a couple of people around the area of members. Members really are the Key to the work. It is only through them that the church will go. For a lesson to be fully effective you have to have a member present. We have been working with this less active family named the Ramahs and with bring a member she obtained a friend.
 
Now we need them to give us referals :) hahaha
 
I had my first Baptism this week! Her name is Sheharra! She is an amazing example of who we should all be :) She brought her whole family to the baptisms. Even her grandma who had a stroke a week before. The only christian besides Shehara is her grandma. SO it was a huge missionary oppurtinity. She gave up so much to be baptised.
 
I love this work so much!
 
I finished the Book of Mormon this week. It is true. Read it everyone. It is the word of God.
 
I love New York :) Im still working on patience and all of that good Jazz. Its slowly coming. I get asked all the time if Im 13 and a lot of teenage boys come up to me. But hey its all good! Everyone thinks that Im sister Gonzalez's daughter. hahaha it cracks us up!!! Its kinda sad that people would still slam doors in a 13 year olds face and scream at one. hahaha They probably just think that the Jehovah Witnesses or Normons (No one gets it right) are recruiting a little young now! hahaha
 
I know this church is true. I know it with all my heart. It is the same Gospel that Jesus set up all those years ago. Keep on moving forward!
 
Love Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment