Sunday, June 30, 2013

Alex- Whoop!

This week has been quite the week. Its amazing how days fly by and so do weeks but it feels like its been forever! I love being a missionary :) I have grown a lot in the last 6 weeks here in New York city. I think the Lord knew that I needed to come here before brazil so that I can learn patience. If I had done that plus been stuck in a place where I dont understand anything I think I would have gone crazy! Haha
 
So I have been working on being strictly obediect. I wake up exactly on time, work out for thirty minutes (I got hip hop abs for two dollars and this store like goodwill! It was new and everything!) and begin my studies right when I need to :) I am really working on talking to everyone I see. As I am being more strictly obedient I am seeing more miracles. My knowledge is increasing. I love reading General Conference talks. DO IT! I read two amazing ones about obedience. The only reason Jesus was able to perform all His beautiful miracles was because He was strictly obedient to the Father. So if Jesus was obedient we too must be. It is the only way we can be happy.
 
This week we met with an awesome family who are member of the church, The Hacks :) They make everything they have in their home! They are super talented! Sister Hack is the Organ player and the only reason she is learning is because her daughter passed away and loved the organ. So even though it is a major trial for her so is doing it because she loves her daughter so much.
 
In one of our blitzes we met a family who cant speak much english but the daughter loved the message so the mom wants us to come back. I wish all people where like children.
 
We had another appt with the singh family. We played the song I know that my reedemer lives. Music brings the spirit so strong. And so do members.
 
We went and saw a less active named Sister Mohammed. She has issues with smoking. But has such a strong testimony. Her house is covered with pictures of the gospel. She just needs to figure out that The Lord will help her move past all things. I read to her Mosiah 23: 19-22. It says that the Lord gives us trials to strengthen his people, however we must rely on him or we can not improve.
 
I love sharing my testimony. I have learned that simple short messages with a strong testimony bring the spirit so strong!
 
So random story. I ran into Caleb Thomas! A guy that I had a class with at BYU! It was way random and awesome!
 
Yesterday we had a linger longer and I sat with the Youth :) I love them so much! THey are so strong for growing up in such a difficult area!
 
Yesterday at the park I gave out a book a mormon to I guy who was really interested. You can tell in their eyes if they really are or not.
 
Well I love you! YOU are the best! I pray for you always! I know that the Gospel is true! Be obedient and be happy :) Satan wants you to be sad and to be disobedient! Dont let him get to you!
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment