Sunday, June 30, 2013

Alex- I Love It Here

Hello Family!! Ive been in NY for 4 weeks now! the transfer is almost over! How crazy is that??? I am loving Jamaica :)
 
So lets start with a funny story. hahaha
On tuesday I was walking to do a street sweep , I was getting a lot of Hellos and smiles! hahaha It made me so happy!! We were almost to the church when this lady told me to come here in this real intimating way. So I was scared. lol But she came up to me and said that your skirt is tucked in to you underwear.... HOW EMBARRASSING!! hahahahahahahaha I was so happy that people were being nice but in actuality they were laughing at me! hahaha
oh well it made for a good story :)
 
We had a sister conference this week and it was way good. It was based off of President Uchtorfs talk in the YW's broadcast. He talks about how we can continue to improve, and that we can always change. The Lord will always accept us back we just have to keep on trying! The Atonement and Doctrine of Christ is the only way that we can continue forward.
 
This week was good. I have learned how to handle disappointments. Not one of our appointments worked out. But because we tried we have seen miracles.
 
For instance at game time we talked to a guy named lance. He is going to get baptized. I could just feel it. He already talks like a Mormon.
 
This week I was brushing my teeth and all the sudden I jumped. I knew we needed to go see the Prelia Family at that moment. I have had a couple moments like that on my mission. I told sister Gonzalez that we needed to go. She was kinda reluctant but I would not give up. haha This family is a family that the Bishop has felt inspiration to work with. They have 8 kids so that means 8 missionaries that satan is trying to work against. The last time we went they wouldnt even talk to us. But this time we were able to talk to the kids :) Oh how happy I was because I knew the Lord was happy too!!
 
Every day we do blitzes (You bless homes) Sister Gonzalez and I were in charge of the one on tuesday. I had the thought that we need to go around the members. Because there is always someone searching in the area where a member lives. Sister Gonzalez chose the building and as a district we went. I have never gotten in a door before but this time we did!! Always follow righteous promptings. It is so important!
 
This week was the week that I fell in love with the people. I was sitting looking at all of them at church and all the sudden was so sad! The rate the ward is going half of the people sitting where I was will be inactive in about a year. I wanted to cry. I just felt the love that the Lord has for these people.
 
But something made me happy. We went and ate at the Urbanouski's (our only DA that we have had the whole time I have been here) and he told me that an apostle said that Jamaica one day will be a stake. Maybe I will help with that? I hope that when I come back I will see it as that :)
 
I know that the Gospel is true and that it is the only way that we can be happy. Be active in the gospel! Not only the church! Pray always, read always, and seek always! I love you all and pray for you always!
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment