Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Sydney



Last week is over and the new week started terrival! hahaha. Man. Yesterday, Sister Fui wanted me to talk to a woman in our ward who isn't a member but her husband and children are, and ask if we could visit her, and something was stopping me. I just couldn't do it. But Sister Fui keeps pressuring me to do things, I need to be bolder, so I just walked up to her as she was talking with the Bishops wife and like someone with terrets, yelled:
Can we meet with you?
And the Bishops wife was like:
Sure!
And I was like:
 Uhhhhh....Can we meet with both of you on? On different days? Sometime this week?
And you could tell that this woman did not want to meet with us. But Sister Fui came and continued the conversation (Thank goodness, because I am not smooth whatsoever), and the only day we could visit her was on Monday-our PDay, so we already met with her! It went loverly. Let's just say she is upset that her boys were baptized, and she really wants nothing to do with the church (except to come with her boys to support them somewhat). And I seriously felt the Spirit tell not to say anything church related. It was the weirdest thing. And Sister Fui went with the game plan and it really backfired. I felt so bad for her, because the Spirit was seriously telling me that it wasn't her time, and I was being silent and only talked to the lady when it wasn't gospel related. I just kept thinking: Let her come to us. But yeaaaahhh. All a learning experience, right? Timing is everything. And her dad gave her antimormon things to read when she was younger, so it happens!
 
But the week before went pretty well! I fasted alot this week for new investigators, and it went awesomly! We got a hold of our old investigator, Judy! We knocked on her door and she let us in like we were best friends! She was so nice to us, but it was like a repeat of the last lesson (look at previous emails for information because seriously same exact thing). And we thought she wasn't going to invite us back, but she told us "when you girls come back next week". We were so shocked! And she said she would read and fast. Nice.
 
We also have an appointment with a former investigator named Carolyn. Let's just say Book Keeping does not mean keeping books! Que embarrasing my friends.
 
And then there is this woman in our ward that hasn't been baptized but goes to church who really wants to meet with us (even though the way she ran from us on Sunday shows otherwise). But we are going to meet with her Friday.
 
And we went contacting, and a lot of creepy people kept coming up to us and asking things about me. I had my scripture case ready to swing upwards, just incase. Haha. This guy named Tye wanted to meet with us, and he was just totes weird. We are sicking the Elders on him:)
 
Fasting really does work.We are slowly but surely getting people to teach. I have learned on my mission, that the Lord does give us miracles, but we have to work. We have to believe too that it is possible.
 
I wish I had more to write you! That was the only thrilling stuff that happened.
 
I guess I just want y'all to know that I know Heavenly Father loves us. I know he has a plan for us. I know that he leads our descions if we seek His help, and that he shapes us. I don't know what kind of person I will be after my mission, but I know I will be shaped for the better. And hopefully I become a better teacher and companion quick! I want to support Sister Fui the best I can. I am imperfect, but I know that through Preach My Gospel and Studying the sciptures, the Savior will supply the knowledge I need to be a better companion and teacher. I love being a missionary! It's hard sometimes, but it is so rewarding. I love y'all! Hope you are reading your scriptures and talking to everyone!
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment