Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Sydney

Oi Todos Povos leem meu email!
 
Just to let y'all know, the Tuesday was a lot better than Monday. Haha.We didn't really do anything, but it was a whole lot better. We had dinner with the Manns who made the best pasta and lava cake. I am apparantly not allergic to lava cake unless if it is from Cold Stone. Good to know. Because Carrie, and any other aunt or female I know and like, we need to go on a cruise when I get back. I have a feeling that I need to work on my tan. I have a horrible farmers tan. Haha. Me and Sister Fuimaono decided to walk to first street one day. The sun was settting, but it was still hot enough to give me a tan. My feet are terrible. But we won some good cookies:)
 
Wednesday was super fun. We taught this woman named Carolyn Bott. We taught the restoration. I love saying the first vision, no matter the language. I feel the spirit so strongly. We invited her to baptized and she said "Yes. When I find out the Book of Mormon is true."
After we visited with Carolyn we went to In-and-out. It was terrivel! I vowed never to eat at that place again! We got a refferal from the Elders (love those things (not the Elders, the refferal) (How do you even spell that?)). We decided to go visit them and see if they were interested. They lived in Utah for a couple years and they always had the missionaries over for dinner and stuff. So we get there and the nicest and cutest lady opens the door. She is so nice and wanted to have an appointment with us every week. We than taught our Bishop's wife, who is fabulous. We talked about service, and for some reason a strange realization came to me how awesome service is! I love service! I love that through service, we are speaking so much about the savior. And even though the service might be super small or insignificant and not really world changing, the world notices and it slowly does change the world. I was like, woooooooeeeeee. Service is awesome. Speaking of service, we help out at this Thrift Store, and this woman named Kelly came up to us and just started asking us questions. I loved it. I love when people are interested. She is super awesome.
 
We also helped our local hoarder this week. Yay. I am the only one that is able to get her to get rid of stuff, and let's just say, she yells at me a lot. Haha. She also calls me a meanie. I was like, whatevs Cheryl. But I love her and I hope she gets rid of her stuff and moves, because, she needs something good in her life.
 
We ate dinner with one of our investigators. I love Miranda, Delaney, and Sister Browning. Sister Browning is so funny. We were eating dinner at chilis and the girls dress super cute, but have barely anyting on, so they were cold. Sister Browning was like: "I'm not cold. Sisters? Are  you cold? Nope. THey aren't. You know why? It's this amazing discovery called clothes." Oh Sister Browning. We were supposed to go to this fireside on Sunday, but they ditched us so we didn't go. Sad.
 
Thursday was a day filled with waiting for the call saying Sister Fuimaono was training. We weekly planned allllllll daayyyy. We were making plans for splits and calling people and such. We are planning to do splits every Friday. The call never came and I had hope I wasn't going to be transferred.
 
So I woke up on Friday ready for our planned splits and excited for the week! And for the rest of my time in livermore. Hahaha.
 
We went with Sister Schueller to see a whole lot of people, but no one wanted to open the door. We talked to Sister Sanders and we shared this awesome scripture about prayer. Alma 36:37. Or is it 37:36? I am sure both of those are awesome scriptures:) We had dinner with the T'ia's and taught these little boys who weren't members who are so awesome. They were so into the lesson. I think they were trying to impress their friends mom, Sister T'ia. Haha. That night we went on splits with Sarah East and Natalie Sturgeon. Sarah East just came back from Brazil and is awesome. We only get into Grandma Baers house. I love Grandma Baer though. And she needs as many visits as possible.
 
Saturday came, and I can't really remember it because I got a call saying I was being transferred. I didn't think I was going to be sad. I was heart broken. I didn't feel like I was as attached to Livermore as I was with El Camino. But I was. I loved the people in my wards, the people on the streets, my struggling investigators, my companion, my zone, my district, every annoying tree and dog in Livermore. I litterally love everything about it. And I hated that realization, because I tried so hard not to get attached this transfer. But I was and it hurt. The guy next to me is looking at me weird because I am about to cry. I just love these people so much. I tried not to love, but it is so easy to. You just do when you are trying to live like the Savior. And I shouldn't be afraid of that hurt. The Savior loved us so much he went through every pain and endurred so much. His love for us hurt so much, but he still loved and forgave. Hurt comes with love. I guess the only way we can know true love is through pain. But we can't be scarred of that pain, because something great comes after it. It eases, and it is so much more solidified. It's there in our hearts always.
 
I said goodbye to all my old ladies yesturday. I bore my testimony in Sacrament and I once again realized the sad reality that a missionary loves their ward much more then the ward loves them. And I said goodbye to my once upon a time investigator Joe and got him to give up coffee. Success.
 
I love y'all! I'll let you know where I am going next.
 
Love,
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment