Wednesday, August 14, 2013

From Alex

I am happy to say that this week was a lot better :)
It was such a good week. I was sad to see Sister Gonzalez leave but I know that she is going to do amazing things at home :)

BUT I have two awesome new companions! One is Sister Millett and she is sooo amazing. She is 9 months in and has the most amazing testimony. The other is Sister Nestor :) I adore her! She is right out and is also a visa waiter! Guess where she is going??? Sao Paulo East!!!! How cool is that? SO COOL! haha Im pretty sure she is going to have 2 Sister Powell's as companions. Which would be way awesome.

We have worked way hard. Every night I come home and I am so exhausted. Which makes me so happy. I love to work more then anything. I am learning so much from my new companions.

We had an awesome service activity this week. We went around and cleaned businesses windows. So many people stopped and asked what we were doing. It was quite the sight seeing 20 or so missionaries on Jamaica Ave cleaning.

We have been doing a lot of look ups this week. A lot of our ward members have moved so we are trying to clean up the ward directory. On the way to one we stopped and helped a lady move her couch. I talked to her and I dont even remember what I promised her but I felt the spirit so strong. I have gained such a testimony that we are nothing without the spirit.

Everyone will be so proud to know how well I know my area! I havent gotten my companions lost once inside the elliptical :) It is awesome! Haha I sorta surprised myself.
We met with a less active named Sister Ba. She has 2 beautiful babies. She is so tired and her husband is Muslim so he doesn’t help out getting her to church. But She came this sunday and she said that she has already felt a difference.

We did a game day/street sweep and it was so successful. So many people came up and played board games with us. It is a fun way to share the gospel and meet so many of God's children.

The best day of the week was by far Saturday. We went and saw Sister Tinglin who lives next to the Parela family. This is the family that Bishop has asked us to keep on but everytime we go they dont answer their door. So I decided that we should all stop and pray for a miracle. We prayed that the family would be outside as we went by. And right as we walked by their house the Parela family walked by. It was one of the most amazing moments of my mission. God answers prayers. I felt so blessed. We have the faith to move mountains and that was for sure one of those moments.

Our second miracle is we went to Sister Vately's home and she ended up inviting two of her friends over. Collins and Allen. Allen asked us what was the point of us having him read the pamphlet. I told him that the point was for him to find out for himself that this is the only true church set upon the earth, and I dont remember the rest I was very bold with him. We have another appt. with him :)

My week was amazing. I am so grateful that I am here in NYC. I have learned so much. I have learned to talk to so many different types of people, I have learned to love, and slowly but surely patience :) My friend Hunter sent me a quote last week that says "Before great moments, certainly before great spiritual moments, there can come adversity, opposition and darkness." It is so true. I love my mission. I love that I have this privilege and that God trusted me enough to send me to Jamaica, New York. This will always be holy ground in my eyes. The Gospel is true and this is Christ church restored upon the earth. I am His witness :)

I love you,

Remember Faith is always pointed towards the future.

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment