Friday, May 3, 2013

From Sydney: Week 4


Oi! Familia! Bon Dia! Como Vi? Tudo ben! Bon Noche!
 
Did you like my intro? Basically all I can say in Portuguese, I am not complaining though. That is way more than I could say before I got into the MTC. YAY! Positive thinking. I have been working on positive thinking this week. This week has been verrrryyy interesting. First off, I need to tell you something que legal. I had a dream that Sister Corbitt and Sister Alderdge got their visas. It was a super vivid dream, and in my dream, Sister Parks and I were companions. We taught this horrible lesson, and than I woke up. I told the Sisters all about my dream. We laughed and said nahhhhhhhh, and then GUESS WHAT. That Wednesday, Sister Corbitt and Sister Alderdge got their VISAS!!! I am basically like Lehi. Just call me a profeta or something! Que chique! Cim? Agora Sister Parks is my companion. Sister Corbitt is now in Brazil! I am so excited/happy for her! I know her main concern was aprendering the language and now she will get an awesome Brazillian companheira, and will totally learn the lingua super quickly. This week has been quite the transition. I was honestly so exicted to become Sister Parks novo companheira. I was like: We both gonna struggle with the lingua, e she likes to plan you know I like to plan, e she is super legal. Ela is super bom. But, I guess Sister Alderdge is like super mais legal than mim. Sister Parks likes me, but I am not Sister Alderdge. I am nao bom with the lingua, e not as legal. Lessons with Sister Parks were like Sister Corbitts and I's primeiro lessons. Sister Parks is super bon at the lingua. I just sit there, waiting for a pause. She always feels bad when she walks out, but like dang, companheira doesn't even breathe when she talks. Our first night as companheiras was rough. She stood up all night sobbing her eyes out, and I stood up all noche begging Pai Celestial to be a bom companheira por Sister Parks. I senti super triste and inadequate. My Branch President probably thinks I am just a sob story right now. I don't miss minha companheira like Sister Parks, don't get me wrong, I totally amored Sister Corbitt, we started to really get the hang of things, but I am just way to feliz for her.
 
Since Sister Parks was que triste that noche, I only got two hours of dormir. Que triste:( I woke up once again begging the Lord to be a bom companheira. I woke feeling so pequeno e so inadequate. My excitement was crushed, and I was feeling triste and sozinha. I can't remember why, but later that dais, when it was going so well, I felt impressed to read Doctrine and Covenants 50:44. The scripture was kinda a slap in the face. It says: Wherefore, I am in your midst and I am the good Shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon the rock shall never fall.
I was just like, Dang Sydney! What wrong with you? The Lord is with you! He is the greatest Shepherd EVER! If I try hard and am worthy, he'll help me feed his sheep.
 
I still get a little triste, Sister Parks still talks all the time, but I can be patient. She feels inadequate too, especially after the lesson about authority and she couldn't explain it to our investigators, and got in a small argument with them. She is a little frustrated with herself, so all I can be is encouraging. Next tempa, cause we didn't really get anywhere with the lesson, I am just going to be assertive and falar portuguese muito!
 
I really do love Sister Parks though. She is so bom, and I know that she will help me improve a whole bunch.
 
SO basically that was my week. Last week eu was sick and puked on my investigator. It was a good departing gift for Sister Corbitt:)
 
Also, my Branch President makes us read 14 pages of the Livro de Mormon every single dias. It's super impressionete, and totally ajudar muito. So I think y'all should do it to. It is possible. And it blesses your life like crazy. I feel so close to the Salvador. It's honestly so awesome. Also, could someone send me some pictures of the family and my friends. AND I found this awesome Livro de Mormon with all these quotes, so could someone email a lot of quotes that I could print out and continue the tradition? And I was wondering if someone could find me Rebekah and Theo's home address so I could send them their anniversary present. It happened in April, but someone never sent me their address (McKenzie). And Bradyn, write me a little letter or something! Get with it man!
 
I just want y'all to know that I love you and that I know this church is true. I love the gospel, and I love the Spirit. I love the Livro de Mormon and the Biblia. I JUST LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!!!! I love the trials in my life that make me stronger. It is super cool how blessed I have been with how hard the MTC is. I am getting reassigned next Wednesday! YAY! 10 more days of the MTC and then I am going to do what the Lord wants me to do!
 
OH! And Mommy, could you send me the Lyrics to Hold On from Secret Garden the Musical or even if you can the sheet music for it? Understandable if you can't.
 
T-Amo!!!
 
Sister Powell
 
(P.S Expect some photos next tempo:))

No comments

Post a Comment