Friday, May 3, 2013

From Alex: Week 4


Well my pday is now tuesdays!! yayyyyy!!!! Syds is on friday so we swapped :)
 
Nothing really eventful has happened since 4 days ago but we had an awesome Sunday!
Sunday was so amazing and made me feel so much better :) The speaker said that we are at war
with Satan. Satan hates Jesus so much so he also hates us and will do anything to take us down.
So he messes with our minds while we are here at the MTC. Makes us doubt ourselves and think we are not good
enough to be here but we are. With Jesus as one of our companions we can do all things. How amazing/scary is that? Good thing we have
a Heavenly Father that loves us so much and whose greatest want is all of His children to live with Him.
During relief society we had the new General Young Womens Pres. speak to us. She is amazing. Her husband was called to be a mission pres. when she was
25 and they went into the MTC a week after she had her baby. Whoooaaa. haha She said that when her and her husband picked her up they wondered why a sister
and an elder where together. haha
 
When she was called to be the Young Womens President she was really scared and she was sitting with the 1st presidency and she said
to President Monson, "But President... I dont know how to do this." And he said "Well of course not! We just called you!" hahaha
I love him :) It made me realize that it is okay not to know everything right now. I was just called to be a missionary and Ive only been
one for 3 and a half weeks.
 
Monday was really good also. Irmo Buttars took us outside and said "In the spring of 1820 a boy of fourteen years old said a prayer.
That prayer was answered and it changed the world. Almost 200 years later you stand here in consequience to that prayer. You carry the message
that God gave a boy all that time ago. I want you to go and pary to the Lord about why you are serving a mission and then tell the Lord all of you insecurities and weaknesses
and leave them behind." He said that in our missions we will start ourpath to becoming perfected beings. So we went and prayed. I can say that I felt my Saviors love.
I know how much He loves me and how selfish would I be not to bring that message to the world. I am who am only because of the religion. I am so happy because of it.
 
"Heavenly Father loves you. God has given you so many blesseing but many times when you are in pain you
cant see the blessings. The gospel gives you that opportunity bc it gives you the knowledge of our Saviors sacrifice.
Which lifts your burdens and pains. You realize that through your pains you can grow and see that trials are given
because God loves us. We can handle all things with the help of our Savior. No gospel brings so much joy."
 
I am so excited to leave my insecurities behind and trust the Lord to pick me up/
I lovee this gospel so much.
 
We have a new teacher. Irmo Butters quit :( which made me so sad! But the new teacher Irmo Nothum is really great. Our new investigator's name
is Jameson. He is awesome. He doesnt believe in God but he has a desire to. So thats what we talked about. We told him that faith starts with desire
and all we have to do is try and if you do you will obtain faith. It was an awesome lesson and I spoke pretty well. I love the spirit. He really directs you when you need
help.
 
Funny Moments of the week:
 
So when we found out that Irmo Butters quit we all were so sad. We couldnt make it through the song because we
were all laughing so hard because it was so tragic. I might have started the laughing... But I laugh when Im sad.
haha
 
Sister Mann and I were walking to this Hill and we saw the most beautiful spot in the World. So we decided to sit there and I looked down at my skirt and there
where thousands of ants on me. I started freaking out and screaming. everyone was looking at me. hahaha and then someone informed me that the ants dont bight here... well oops. haha
 
Sister Mann and I laugh all the time. I seriously love her so much. I wish she went to BYU.
Shes my best friend!
 
Something I have realized here at the MTC is that I am really short. I cant see the top dryer. And those were the only ones open.
So I did my laundry and went back to the room and I accidently took all of someones underwear. How tragic is that? Everyone was laughing about it
but I just felt so so so bad! I mean some sister was probably spazzing out because she doesnt have any underwear! haha Im still sad about it...
I brought it to the lost and found...
 
I love my district. They are seriously the brothers I never had. I love all the sisters too. Sister Romney and Sandberg are awesome. I have to
be with them quite a but because sister mann is the coordinating sister. So I really have come to know these Sisters.
Salvador Brazil doesnt know what they are getting.
 
Well that is all that has happened in the last couple days. I should get my reassigment next wednesday if my visa doesnt come! SOOO Ill get to call home!!!! WOOOOO!!!
So be home at a good time mom on that day :)
 
I know that the Gospel is true. The Church of Jesus Christ is the same church that was set up by our Savior.
I love  being Gods missionary. I love Him more then anything in this world.
 
"I know can say with all certainty
That I know and love the Lord.
I can testify with them of old
As I preach His holy word.
 
I know what he felt in Gethsemane
Is too much to comprehend.
I know He did it all for us;
We have no greater Friend.
 
I know that He will come anew
With power and in glory.
I know I will see Him once again
At the end of my life's story.
 
I'll kneel before His wounded feet;
I'll feel His Spirit glow.
My whispering, quivering voice will say,
"My Lord, my God I know."
Pres Packer
 
:)
 
Love you all.
Write me!
 

No comments

Post a Comment