Monday, May 20, 2013

Alex's last MTC email

 OLA Minha Familia!
Maybe last PDAY in MTC!! I find out either today or tomorrow so expect a phone call from me soon! Remember to be home tomorrow around 4 or on thursday just in case.
So this week was kinda long, and probably the most challanging og them all. But
I'm grateful for that! I got kinda sick this week. oops. haha but not anything to bad. I had to go to the doctor but it made for the best story ever!
 So Im grateful! So in the doctor I had to go get some medicine. THey told me to go into this room and I accidently went into the carentine room
 (this is the room where they lock the people up when the are super sick) and I shot the door behind me and was locked in!
I knocked and knocked and knocked but no one heard me! IT WAS DREADFUL! and honestly I was a little worried. lol
The lady finally came and got me 20 min later. It felt like a lifetime.
 
On Wednesday I get to be a host. So when you come to the mtc you get dropped off
and handed over to a missionary. I was that missionary! It was fun and sad
because families where crying every where!
I loved the two missionaries I hosted.
They will be amazing missionaries.
 
This week I learned how much I love my district.
I literally am so grateful that I havent recieved my visa yet
Just because I have gained so many sisters and brothers.
This week one of our elders had a hard time
and we just supported him so much.
We all love each other like a family.
I have learned so much from my district.
 
I am also so thankful for Sister Mann.
She makes me want to be better each day.
I am so sad that I am leaving my best friend soon.
 
The hardest thing for me in learning port. is pronouncing things.
I blame louisiana. lol
It reminds me of the times that Mom used to stay up with me allllll
night teaching me how to read.
It is so humbling basically learning to read all over again. I LOVE IT!
Literally I do! It makes me so grateful for the times that I speak right.
 
TRC this week was so amazing. The girl we taught was from Brazil!
It made me realize how important a simple but profound testimony is.
My simple words in port. combined with the spirit can do all things :)
 
Sister Mann and I have a goal this week to share our testimony in port to someone random every day.
We shared it 3 times yesterday.
The last time we did yesterday I witnessed the gift of tongues. I spoke portuguese the best I ever have.
I felt the words spill through my mouth.
I felt Gods love being spoken through me.
 
Today after our temple trip we walked outside
and a family of Brazilians where outside the temple.
They are just visiting america!
our whole district got to talk to them.
 
SOOOO Challange to all who read this.
Please send me your testimony through dear elder or email (because I dont know when I am leaving)
My address should be on here.
But my email is alexis.powell@mylds.net
I dont care what faith you are :)
A testimony is a testimony.
And one must share it or they will lose it.
Also share how you gained it.
 
Also Valerie from EFY! (sorry if I spelt that wrong)
can you send me your address?
I was so excited that I accidently tore it!
I love you! I think of you everyday!
All my EFY participants!
I love you :)
 
 
SO let me start the testimony with mine.
Again I want to say I love you all.
I know this is where i need to be. I know that all my blessings in my life after this will be because I served my Savior and Heavenly Father.
I want you to know that I know that God lives.
That He blesses His children.
I know this because I am a witness to those blessings.
Everyday I see His hand in my life.
I feel his strength pour through me.
 
I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith saw God and His Son Jesus Christ.
I know this because I know that the book of mormon is true.
It was written of prophets of old.
You can know this too if you read with a pure intent and pray if it is true.
 
I also know that the Bible is true.
It is a wonderful testimony that Jesus Christ lives.
It was also written by prophets of old.
 
I know that we once lived with God and that we can again.
God loves us so much and the wants us to be happy.
The only way we can be truly happy is if we accept His gospel
and keep his commandments.
 
Jesus Christ died for us.
He suffered for us.
He atoned for us.
To also be happy we must accept His atonement.
We must repent.
 
I love the Gospel so much.
 
 
Keep on writing.
PS. Austin Holleman write me.
And Rebekah Ray! I love you!
pps. Send me pics of my puppies!
 


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments

Post a Comment