Monday, May 20, 2013

Alex is in New York City


Well Im in New York!! Jamaica Queens to be exact. Let me go in the order of the days.
So after I talked to all of you I realized something... That there are a lot of people in this world and very few of them are LDS. haha
I guess I forgot about that b/c of the MTC? Who knows. I sat next to a really nice man on the plane who told me all about New York. I only ended up giving out one of my pass along cards out but Sister Mann gave all of them out! It was awesome :D When we got to the airport We realixed (sister mann, Romney, and Sandberg) we did not know what to do. We wondered around for a bit looking for the mission president but we didnt see anyone. But they found us! hahaha President is so amazing. There are 10 sisters reassigned to this area so they got a handful but he loves us none the less!
 
After the airport we went to the tallest building in brooklyn! It was so beautiful. New York City is really large! We talked about the mission goal and he asled why I wanted to serve a mission and I said bc I love the Lord with my whole heart:)
 
That night we slept at the Mission Home. I have never slept so well in my life. The next day we set off for transfers. I am sad to say I said goodbye to Sister Mann :/ Im slightly grateful though because Im pretty sure that we would not be alive right now. hahaha My new comps name is Sister Gonzalez. She is awesome. Shes 31 and has been in the church for 5 years. I am learning a lot from her.
 
We have cleanslated an area. No sisters have been here for a really long long time. We came in to the area and there was nothing in our area book so we are literally starting from scratch. IT is really hard. And no one wants to talk to us but that is okay! We can do it.
 
The mission president has gotten rid of areas. We work in elipiticals. The whole district works together. It is fun. We sing in the Subway and chalk the sidewalk. It is so that people will see us. The misson president was really inspired when he did it. Everyone is so tight nit here.
 
We are really working with the ward here. We know that the ward members are the key. It is through them that we are going to find our investigators.
 
I have talked to some really cool people. One guys name was pete. He is way awesome. He doesnt believe in God. But he said he felt my testimony.
 
Another is Sally! Shes SO awesome! And we got a return appointmet :) She has such a strong faith. She went to the polynesian center in Hawaii and referalled herself. haha
 
I am loving it here in Queens. It is the hardest thing I have ever done. Literally. But I know that it is way worth it. I love my Lord with all my heart and I am willing to give up my family for a short time for Him and so that others can be happy.
 
I just want to hit everyone and yell my testimony. I know that this Church is true. I know it.
 
I love you all so so so so much and miss you so much.
 
Love Sister Powell


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments

Post a Comment