Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Real Quick

So my time is almost done, so this will be pretty quick.

Sorry...I honestly don't know what I have done this last hour.

So let see where to begin...

Sister Bee is amazing. She seriously is the funniest person I have ever met. And other than our humor, we have so much in common. It has been fun getting to know her (which is good considering that we spend all our time with one another.)

Funny story:

A man answers his door. We will call him...Bob. Bob is middle aged. Lives in a very nice house. A church going man.

Me: "Hi i'm Sister Powell. And we are just sharing a message about the love of our Heavenly Father..."

Bob: "That's the problem with you mormons. You never know where to begin. It all starts with Christ.

Me: Pointing to my name tag...Christ is our savior and I would be no where without Him...."

Bob: "You don't believe in Christ."

Me: Pointing to my name tag...

Bob: "You know, I pray for you."

Me: "Thank you."

Bob: "You kids are real lost, but if real Christians were doing what you were doing, we would be winning this battle. But ya'll are doing is just leading even more souls away."

Me: "We just invite all men to come onto Christ."

Bob: "You invite them to Hell."

Me: "Well sir, I appreciate your prayers. Please continue to pray for us. We will see you in heaven."

(please note my calmness...) haha.

For the most part I like talking to the people here in the south. Everyone has such a strong love of Christ, and I'm not there to persuade them away from it...Heavens no! I'm just here to tell them how I have come to increase my faith in Him. If they are not interested, that's fine. I love to hear about their testimonies of Christ, to talk about how they have come to gain their faith, say a prayer with them, and go our way. We are not here to persuade any person, just to give them an option, and for the most part people see that...but every once in a while you get a door slammed in your face, which is rude but I'd rather that than the Bob's.

But it sure does make a good story. Alabama is great.

Shantel will be baptized this coming week, along with Terry. Keep them in your prayers.

Love ya'll. I have loved being here. Thanks for this opportunity.

Sister Powell.

1 comment