Monday, February 7, 2011

three month mark in ALABAMA!

Can you believe it has already been five months? I can't. The weeks just fly by (the days are another story). Goodness, I love every minute of it. Ok, that might be an exageration. There have been times I have thought about taking the car to Louisiana and just calling it quits...but those pass quickly. For the most part, I've loved every minute of it.

To answer all of your questions about the VISA- I have no idea. haha.

And if anyone feels the need to send me some sort of music that would be great. When I say music I mean hymns, piano music, or efy due to the fact that my options are limited. But it is way to quiet in our appartment.

Ok so lets see where to begin...

IT IS FREEZING. Each day I go out, I pray that the words that come out of my mouth when I feel the cold are ones that won't give Sister Bee a scare. I should most likely buy a better coat, but I just can't bring myself to do so. My favorite thing that people say when we talk to them- "Ya'll poor dears, you must be so cold," followed by a quick shut of the door. Luckily, we have made a friend at the Texeco that has taken a real likin' to us. He calls us his "Jesus friends" and gives us free hot chocolate each time we come in to talk to him. I gave him our number the other day and he called asking me out to coffee. This was comical for several reasons. First being, that I'm a missionary. Second being, he is older than daddy. But after explaining what I was doing in Alabama, he decided he still wants to read the Book of Mormon and talk sometime about it. We will judge later on how sincere he is on that, but for now it is a fair trade...free hot chocolate for a message about the Gospel of Christ. Win, Win. haha.

We had to move Terry and Shantel's baptism to this week because for some reason the ward priesthood leaders all went out of town. It will be this Thursday. Keep them in your prayers.

It was a roller coaster of a week. I've been really emotionally lately. We meet so many good people and there is nothing more that I want for them than to accept our message. There was this one guy who actually offered to pay for my mission because he admired what we were doing so much. I always ask the people we teach who do not accept what we say, but listen to pray. Each time, I'm amazed at the goodness that they have. The love of Christ that they share. And their wish for us to be saved. I cry each time they shut their doors. I'm pretty sure Sister Bee thinks I'm going crazy, but it truely is just so sad.

We also lost Deangelo. I haven't been able to bring my self to cry about that one yet, but it hurts. You want this so much for people, but Deangelo has been special to me from the moment I met him. He would always soak up whatever was taught, read anything we gave him, and come to whatever we invited him to, but he is mixed up in the wrong crowd and they influenced him to do some things. He has been avoiding us for the past week. It's been hard to accept that I have to stop knocking on his door. It's been hard to tell myself that it was nothing I did. There is nothing worse than when somebody rejects the message you have to share.

But there is nothing greater than when people accept it! And the Lord is truely blessing Sister Bee and I in finding those that are ready. We talked in Church last Sunday and the members all enjoyed it so much. First talk, I havent' written before hand, but it went well I guess, because we have received so many referrals from the members since. I've come to be able to tell when I am in the wrong place and when I'm in the right place and that helps so much in finding. The Lord knows where His missionaries need to be- it just takes listening. There is so much to do here and we are out as much as we can in trying to do it... We are leading the mission right now, which caught me off guard when I was told that. Crazy thing is, I know we can do more. I have so many ways that I can be better and more obedient. So many ways I can improve.

Living with four sisters has been awesome. We have so much fun with each other. They push me to be better and to be happy. It is so nice to come home and know that there are people that we can talk to and that understand us. And having Sister Bee as a companion has been a true blessing. She is amazing. Each day I learn so much from her. She truely was a blessing. I love how many great friends you make on a mission. The bonds you form are so strong. They have to be.

Well I should go. I LOVE YOU ALL. Thank you so much for supporting me in this. I LOVE IT!

Love,

Sister Powell



No comments

Post a Comment