Sunday, April 21, 2013

from sydney

Oi minha familia!

First off I want to thank everyone that sent me letters. They were great blessings, and I have kept them all in my Missionary Journal. I am also in the process of writing all of y'all back. And thanks for the cookies parents! It was funny because before that, I was telling everyone that there were no cookies Second, thank goodness Lazaro left. Hahaha. The week started off great. Our last lesson with Jason was awesome and I felt the spirit so strongly. I have learned that it is sharing that Heavenly Father loves them so much is when the spirit comes. Sister Corbitt and I have been getting along very well. We had a little misunderstanding, we taught a fake Portuguese lesson and she did all the talking, but it has only made me want to learn the language more. We had a sub one day named Irmao Matters. He was awesome. He told us that we were going to teach in Portuguese and I remembered what happened last time and I cried once again. Meh. But I got over it quickly. But it was an amazing experience. I couldn't say much, but I could tell him that we had a Heavenly Father and we were his children and that He loved him very much. I felt the spirit so much and it was amazing. In my broken Portuguese, the spirit can speak. Shelley and Nathan, your letters were amazing. It's true, we do have the gift of tongues, but it the Lord teaches us patience with it's timing. I have been very humbled in the MTC, but I have also learned to listen to the spirit. I have promptings through scriptures and thoughts. Through the people, and I know that the speakers and my teachers are meant for me (and of course everyone else in my district). I have learned at the MTC, that there is a purpose why I am here at this MTC and going to Brazil. I am praying constantly for that answer, but right now I know it isn't to exactly learn Portuguese, it is to learn about myself and learn to love not only me, but My Savior more and the people. I told Alex the other day that I look like I am losing weight, but I am not. I looked in the mirror one day and I didn't know who the person was. I was looking at someone I was not familiar with. I was confused. I think in that moment I was looking at the way the Lord sees me and the person I am going to become. The Lord knows me better than I know myself, and He knows the people way more than I do. That's why inspiration and praying for the Spirit is so important. He can tell you what his children are like. Planning is so important too. You can't procrastinate here. You cannot Procrastinate the work of the Lord. Especially when he is in the process of rushing his work. Preach My Gospel is amazing and the way the Lord wants us to teach. It's the Lord's way. I have woken up every morning saying that something amazing is going to happen today. It is also important to not compare yourself. I am doing my best and that is enough, through the Atonement, the Lord will make up for it. The other night, Sister Corbitt (who has cried a lot, but she has been way happier. I love her.), was talking about her family. She told me that Heavenly Father's family was the only family that was perfect. I remember saying this once in a testimony meeting, but I for some reason I remembered it. Heavenly Father's family is not perfect, a lot of them fell, and we are his family. We are definitely not perfect. But his plan is and it is a plan of happiness. I have been so happy, I haven't even really been scared, and I know it is because I am where I am supposed to be. I am excited to bring my message to families, so families can one day be perfect. I want Heavenly Father to be happy, and I sincerely want all his children to come back. It's so weird how much you can love people you don't know. Haha. Carrie, I am sending you a letter soon (you too Kenzie, Mom, and Dad), but congrats Randy! You will do AWESOME! 

I have been reading the Book of Mormon every day, and it's amazing how much you can learn in such a short time. It's so important to read. READ IT! I know this church is true and I LOVE Y'ALL! Keep sending letters. And I have never been complimented so much on my hair in my life. hahaa. Someone just complimented me. Yay! 


No comments

Post a Comment