Monday, October 31, 2011

Training once again

From: McKenzie Powell [mailto:mckenzie.powell@myldsmail.net] Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 7:37 AM To: Kevin Powell; Mom; Sydney; Alex Subject: Training once again Goodness another transfer is over. And let me say, it was the transfer that I most needed. Sister Michelotto became one of my bestest friends, and we learned so much while having a blast. I am sad that it is over. Oh and I am going to train. Training lasts two transfers, so I will train and then only have one transfer left. Crazy huh? She is american too. I am more then a litte nervous. I have been blessed to learn the language quickly, but I still have a whole lot of improving to do. My accent is a mixture of southern USA and a little of Bahia...haha. But it will be great and I willl learn a whole bunch...com certeza. I always learn so much while training. I love it. It is always such a big responsibility to train. You feel that responsibility as well. But it helps to know that Heavenly Father trusts you enough to teach someone else how to serve as His servant. Sad news...Senhor Pedro was soooo sick this week that we had to push back his baptism. I was so worried about him. He always has such a big smile, but this week he was out of it and it showed. The elders came and gave him the most powerful blessing. He was blessed with health and with the strength to live many more years so that he could bring many onto Christ if he lived the commandments. 94 years old and still going. haha. I just love that man and know that he will do so many good things. I want so much to see him baptized this next transfer. Oh and I heard this week that the dad of a family that I taught in Vila Velha was baptized. I cant tell you how happy that made me. I cant wait til they go through the temple. That just makes everything all the worth it. IT IS SOOOOO HOT. I completely understand why people walk around this place half naked. I am tempted to do it myself, but luckily my name tag is always a constant reminder to behave myself...but the the awful tan line I have helps a bit too. I just love the tan lines on my feet. It is the best part. The other sisters change sandals daily so to avoid the tan lines, but I am trying to live up to the legend of Sister Morales. I most likely wont be able to beat her, seeing that she had a few more months than me and a bit more melatonin in her skin, but we will see how it goes. Well I should go. I love you all. I miss you tons. I am so grateful for each and every one of you. LOVE, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment