Monday, October 24, 2011

10/24/2011

From: McKenzie Powell [mailto:mckenzie.powell@myldsmail.net] Sent: Monday, October 24, 2011 8:49 AM To: Kevin Powell; Mom; Sydney; Alex Subject: Soooo much happens everyweek. It is hard to decide what I want to say. First of all! Edilene was married and baptized. I have so many pictures. The judge did NOT LIKE ME. haha. I took a picture of his face as proof. I asked Edilene to kiss her husband again so to get a picture, and when he heard me he about ripped my head off. So funny. I just feigned that I didnt speak portuguese. All went well. Sister Michelotto threw up 20 times on the Road Monday (after watching a movie in the casa de Presidente)! Yes I counted. It was pretty impressive. She is having major headaches and really needs to go to the doctor if they keep up. Keep her in your prayers. Our other roommate is having major health problems as well. Her face is having an allergic reaction to the sun. It looks awful. I dont know what they will do with her. I am just so thankful that my mission has been such smooth sailing when it has come to health...knock on wood. Senhor Pedro will be baptized this week! I just love him so much. He is 94 years old and was the founder of the Presbyterian Church here in Vitoria Brazil. We found him a few weeks back and he listened to our message out of curiosity. Turns out that his great-grandson is a missionary for our Church as well. He said that he felt something different in that first message and told us that he would honestly pray about our message. He has been studying the Book of Mormon and was taking the steps in Moronis promise very seriously for the past few weeks. He received his answer about a week ago but didnt want to say anything. We knew. Thursday I looked at him and asked him, why was a man with such faith in his religion still listening to our messages. He was silent. Then Sister Michelotto looked at him and told him that she knew that he had his answer, and God knew too. Haha. We went back the next day with the assistents to teach a lesson about the priesthood. It was a lesson of many results. First and most of all, Senhor Pedro decided to be baptized. I felt the spirit stronger than I have ever have as a missionary. I realized that those 20 year old boys were such better missionaries that I was. And I fell in love with both of them....haha just kidding. But not really. Seriously, it was the best lesson I have ever seen. They didnt say anything profound, but they brought a spirit that was so strong that you couldnt help but know that everything they said was true. I so need to be a better missionary. Good thing I still have some time to step up my game. Love yall soooooo much! Sister POwell

No comments

Post a Comment