Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 10, 2011

This week just flew by. I am still loving this transfer. Sister Michelotto is the funniest person I have ever met. She makes everyday the funnest. Sure she takes about two hours to get ready everyday and is the least punctual person I have ever met, but she works hard and she makes working fun. I just love her. I love being a missionary. It is just the greatest. There is just always so much to learn. THis week we were working with an investigator and preparing him for his baptism. I was reading the questions that the elder would ask in his interview when we discovered that he struggled with homosexuality. It was a first for me while on the mission. We had to leave soon after but we told him that we would talk to him the next day. The lesson with him was one of the best of my mission. I was so nervous, but I realized that my nervousness was selfish. I prayed and taught the Law of Chasity as I would any other investigator and then invited him to live it. He looked at me and told me that he didnt think that would be possible. I thought for a moment, secretly hoping that Sister Michelotto would say something but it seemed that she was thinking the same, but then I thought about the plan of Salvation. The Plan of our Heavenly Father is perfect, because in it we learn who we are and the potential we have to become, so I talked about that. I talked about what it meant to me to be a daughter of God. The responsibilities and blessings that came with that knowledge. Each and every one of us has the potential to become something incredible, to become like our Heavenly Father. That was the message of His son...he invited us all to become perfect even as our Father which in Heaven is perfect. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the road we all must take to reach our potential, and God has promised that all of us CAN walk that path. Christ showed the way, and through His grace we are given the strength to do those things that seem very much impossible. I told him that I knew that if he wanted, he could live this commandment. Sister Michelotto went on to tell an experience that invited the spirit with a force I dont know if I have ever felt before. The SPIRIT was so strong, and when we left he was determined that he would be able to overcome his feelings and be baptized. How wonderful it is to see people make those changes they must, when they learn who they really are. I love being a missionary. I love sharing those things that mean the most to me. I love all of yaĺl Love, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment