Tuesday, April 26, 2011

week three!

So I made it through three weeks! Can you believe it? Only have cried three times too. Once because I missed Alabama, peanut butter, and English. The second time because I seriously thought I was going to never be able to eat and enjoy food again. The third time saying the first vision in Portuguese. That was a good cry though. So they have this fruit here called abacaxi (the states have a wannabe version called pineapple) that has now taken the place of my love for chocolate! I seriously can`t eat enough of it. Oh, good news! I am able to eat again without a constant nauseous feeling. Other than yesterday...Never let a Brazilian serve you food. You end up eating a mountain of beans, rice, spaghetti (for some reason we have spaghetti with almost every meal), and meat. I seriously contemplated shoving some food in my purse. Luckily for my purse, I refrained. Not so lucky for my stomach. So other than the fact that these people are still speaking a very strange language, hidden behind an even stranger accent, I really do love Brazil. I am starting to feel more and more like a missionary. It was really frustrating not being able to express myself like I wanted. Still can`t do it, but it gets a little better each day. Something cool I realized though is that everytime I speak about Christ, I can speak. It just comes out unnaturally naturally. Cool how that works. Gives me hope that if I have my priorities right and work my hardest, I will get a hang of this. We are teaching the coolest family right now. It was strange when we ran into them, becasue I could have sworn that I knew them. The more we teach them, the more I feel that way. There are really people that we are meant to find. There are really those people that need us. And there are those people that we need for us. God has a wonderful plan for each and everyone of us, and he so often uses other people to help make it happen. Love it. Well I don`t have much time and I wanted to send some pictures so I will do that real quick. But did I tell ya`ll how much I love ya´ll...cause I do. Thank you so much for making this possible. I love being a missionary. I love Brasil. I love ya`ll. Love, Sister Powell

[Note from Sister Powell's dad - despite saying she was going to send pics, they didn't arrive. :( Maybe next week!]

No comments

Post a Comment