Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hey Family

First, I just wanted to apologize to all ya'll for my horrible grammar. I printed out a few of my blog posts and read over them, and realized that I sound like I was raised in the swamps of Louisiana. I promise I did earn my grades in my editing classes. I know that might be hard to believe. I can't make any promises this one will be better, but here it goes... So this week we were able to go to the Birmingham Temple to do a session and then have zone conference. I love the temple. This time was particularly special. I wish we could go more. I learned a lot at conference. The thing that stuck out to me most, when President asks you to do something, you do it. He asked me and and my three roommates to sing spur of the moment. Bout gave me a heart attack, but we did it. I love our mission president. He truely loves us, and it is shown through how he serves and teaches us. I feel very lucky to have been part of his mission. Scott was baptized this week! He is something special. I have loved teaching him. Each time I left a lesson with him I learned something new. He has an amazing spirit, and he will touch many lives. He is already talking about going on a mission in a year. Nothing would make me happier. Crazy thing is, I never would have met him if I had left two weeks ago with the rest of my MTC district. I feel very lucky to have been here. I love how each day, I can see reasons for why I am here. Lee made some true progress this week. I love Lee so much. He has made so many changes to his life already, and this gospel will only make him stronger. It has been hard teaching him, because he has had a hard time accepting that more could benefit him, but this week he told us that this was exactly where he belonged and that he would start praying about a date to be baptized. He is painting me a picture right now, and I'm really excited about that. He is an amazing artist. I learned an interesting lesson this week. Things that I already believed, but I was really able to see this week. This gospel makes good men better. Scott and Lee already knew Christ. They have seen the miracles that He works in their life and have tried their best to follow Him, but since they have started reading the Book of mormon, listening to the words of latter-day prophets, their faith in Christ has increased. Their lives have changed for the better, even though they were already good people. And it is for that reason that we go knocking on doors of the people of the South. The message that God has to share is for everyone. Its power will transform any person's life. Living this gospel gives us reason and the way to wake up each day and become better. I love that. It has helped a lot in motivating me in talking to these people. That is what I love so much about being a missionary. We see the gospel work on people's lives in a very accelerated way. I have loved watching the changes it has brought to the people that have become as dear to me as my family. I have loved seeing the changes it has brought to me. I am the hardest I have ever been on myself and am constantly finding ways to improve, but I have never been happier. Have I told ya'll how much I love being a missionary? Because I do. Thank you so much for making this possible. Love, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment