Friday, January 14, 2011

Well this is crazy

So a mission is pretty much the most stressful thing in the world.

Sister Stahly found out she got her visa so she is leaving thursday.

And I'm getting put in a threesome...and we will be covering two areas.

Luckily it is with sister Muncy and Robinson (the ones we were living with in Madison) but with those two I can't get a word in edge wise that will be a challenge for sure. I do love them though so it will be fun.

But sister Stahly is leaving me. We found out on our four month anniversary (yes we celebrate) so it was a bitter sweet moment. I'm excited for her though. Four other people's visas came through in Alabama so it is good to see that something is happening. And word is that more should be coming this week so who knows, maybe my next email will come from Brazil.

But for the moment I'm in Alabama and sister stahly will be gone. Surprisingly I haven't been too super stressed. My face is breaking out like no other and I'm certain that I look five years older than I did when I left, but I seem to be handling it well. I guess it is time to be stretched a little more. Sister Stahly and I had reached a point where we had gotten comfortable...very comfortable.

So let's see what else has happened this week...

Its been snowing...a lot. We weren't able to drive anywhere yesterday, but luckily most of our investigators live in walking distance. And thankfully mom sent some boots last week. Sister Stahly and I very much appreciated it. That is for sure. The whole town is pretty much shut down. We are at a member's house right now writing our families. I didn't want to drive but sister stahly was dead set on it...I think it was more so because she is not the driver. I'm pretty sure it would always haunt me if I wrecked a mission car. I have no idea how I ended up the driver...Anyway, I'm driving very slowly.

We found another 2 great investigators. They really were miracles. We are teaching all day everyday. We don't even have time to eat most days, because we are teaching so much so finding time to find has been difficult. But in the time we have we found Diangelo and Otis. The are awesome. Diangelo has met with us everyday and showed up at church sunday with the cutest smile on his face, book of mormon and bible in hand, white shirt, tie, and his kicks. I love teaching him. he won't commit to anything until he is positive he understands it. He always has questions. And he thinks hard. He is having a hard time committing to live the word of wisdom because he has gotten into things that a lot of kids our age have and doesn't really want to let it go. When It comes to the word of wisdom I'm pretty straight...you either are going to follow what the lord wants you to do or not. It can be done. But I can see that Diangelo is someone I specifically needed to find. I love him so much. I love them all.

Otis is a huge black semi pro football player. He has such a desire to learn and do right it is amazing. He has really strengthened my testimony of the converting power of the Book of Mormon. It is either true or it is not and the way you find out if it is true is by asking God and through a witness of the Holy Ghost you will come know. First you just have a belief, then faith, and after a while of acting on that faith, the results of your actions will lead to a knowing. I love it. He is amazing and will do great things.

Floreen gets baptized this week. I'm so excited to for her. She sat through all of conference and loved every minute of it (I couldn't of thought of a better stake conference then one with the Prophet and other speakers!!) She truely is the most Christlike person I have ever met. She is so calm and has such a spirit about her. Everytime I leave her humble home I always know that I learned way more than I ever possibly could have taught.

Despite my ever increasing waist size (that parasite still has yet to come :p) and my poor complexion, every day there is at least three males that either honk or role down their window asking where we are heading too. (I have no idea why men think that is anyway attractive) At first I thought that I could use their interest to my advantage, but several bad circumstances have led me to see that most are not interested in the gospel. So my response is always "We are just walking around talking to people about Jesus!" haha that always brings about a funny response.

Well we will see how this next week goes. Keep me in your prayers. I love you all. Thank you for everything. I love being a missionary. I love being in Alabama and I'm excited to see what this next week has in store :)

Love,

Sister Powell.

No comments

Post a Comment