Tuesday, January 18, 2011

well this has been a week of weeks

So let's see what has happened this last week...

Sister Stahly left with about 8 others. I cried for about an hour on the ride home. I think it was the first time I've felt alone since coming on my mission, It was wierd looking down at my phone and realizing that the only thing keeping me from calling ya'll was my own self. I think that was the first time I realized why it is that we are not allowed to call home. They are truely teaching us to rely on our Heavenly Father. It is nice to know that I can pray to him at anytime and anywhere and he is listening. I felt better after I realized that.

I'm in Madison with Sister Muncy and Robinson until transfers this Thursday. They are awesome. Sister Muncy was actually one of the sisters I lived with before so that is nice. SHe goes home this Thursday so she has been stressed for entirely different reasons!I'm not sure exactly what will happen, but I think there will be three visa waiting sisters in the appartment and one temple square sister from Brazil. That will be fun. It will have it's challenges since I will be the only one with experience so far in Alabama (and I still don't have a clue to what I'm doing) but it will be ncie to get some extra practice in.

We've just been working our two areas since she left. All my investigators seemed to have gone crazy at once with the departure of Sister Stahly. haha. I just pray for patience.

Floreen was baptized Saturday! It was amazing. She truely is the most amazing person I have ever met. Meeting with her and discussing the gospel with her has strengthened my own understanding so much. Her daughters and son are so cute too. Jasmine the whole time was talking to me about her own baptism which will be next year around the time I get home. I love that family so much and am so grateful to know them. Floreen has already set up appointments with her relatives to meet with us- her decision will bless so many lives.

Thadius came with us to the baptism and teach DeAngelo. It was cool to see how far he has come and how strong his testimony is. He truely is someone that will also bless many lives.

Funny story. Sister Stahly and I have been teaching a brother and sister. They have been investigating the church for sometime but they have never actually gone through with baptism because their mom won't let them (event hought she is a member of the church as well). Anyway she is usually very hard to deal with but the last lesson we had with them (with sister stahly there) was ridiculously stressful/comical. She invited the whole neighborhood over for bible study, including her minister friend. I almost had a panic attack, but luckily yet again I learned the calming powers of the combined forces of prayer and the spirit. I'm not exactly sure what was said, but somehow it ended up with the minister leaving with a book of mormon and me not bursting into tears. So all is well.

The snow is finally gone..thank goodness. I will say I have never been a fan of snow, but watching these people in the snow made it well worth it.

Well I'm going to go. Sorry if this was not a very intersting letter. I'm super tired. I love ya'll. Thanks for making this possible. I love it.

Love,

Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment