Thursday, July 11, 2013

Its July??? Ummm... Como? hahaha- From Alex

Ummm... How is it July? Missions go by so fast! I feel like I just left! Yet I feel like I have been here forever. Sister Gonzalez and I were joined by another visa waiter named Sister Hererra. She is going to Peru and is from California. SHE IS WAY AWESOME! I love her so much! She is way motivated. She was reactived in the church when she was 17 so its cool because Im with two converts :)
 
My week was good. We had an opportunity to meet with the Bishop on tuesday. He is an amazing man and really wants us to work with the members. He knows that if you strengthen the families/ward that everything will work out and missionary work will BOOM. Families are the central unit to everything. If a family is strong they can make it through anything.
 
We had an amazing experience this week. A lady walked in and the elders gave her to us and said she wanted a church tour. She had a friend that lives in florida who is a member of the Church and she said she wanted to change her life. So what better way then becoming a mormon? haha A walking miracle! Her name is Carmelle and she is from Haiti and will be baptized in 3 weeks!!!!!!! She forgot to come to one of her lessons but made it church nontheless :)
 
We taught Sister Mohammed again. She is really depressed but I told her that because we are in a fallen state we will feel alone because we are not in the prescense of God. But as we pray, go to church, and read the scriptures we get a glimpse of the happiness we will one day have all the time :) We will one day live with God again. She told me I always make her cry. hahaha I love to teach and testify :)
 
Yesterday we met with a member named Susie. She is way awesome! She has a disability but she goes to church every week and served a mission. She is such an example to me. This week was really good. I feel so honored to be a missionary. I know as I am her I am learning from God. How cool is that? Its cool that as you give your will up you find yourself in ways you cant even imaging. Start really studying the scriptures. Study everyday. As you do it you will realize things that you already know and God will begin to teach you. Also trust God. He knows all things. Carry a penny with you. It says "In God we trust." Remember that we dont understand why things happen. But He does. I know as we trust Him and do our part by being obedient He will not abandon us. He loves us :) I know he lives and guides us. I love you so much! Pray always.
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment