Thursday, July 11, 2013

Another Week in New York- From Alex

Hey Everyone!!! How are you all :) I love you so much! This week was a good week :) I am loving being here with my companions!
 
We have seen a lot of miracles this week. It started last Monday at a blitz. We knocked on a muslim ladies door named raina. We ended up going back to teach her and it really didnt go so well. lol BUT we had another appt. later taht week with someone else in her building and we saw her with tons of groceries and helped her carry them in where we met her husband who invited us back later. How cool is that?? We thought he was going to be scary but he was so nice! We also knocked on an old ladies door who
has been looking for the church for 18 years!! She has been praying and prayig to find it and knocked on her door :)
 
We taught carmelle again this week 2 times. She speaks creole and we invied a creole member to our appt. and she ended up bringing five of her friends! Which is good for us! Now carmelle has 5 member friends :) Our next lesson with her we decided to go back and make sure she understood everything bc her engilsh is not very good. Im glad we did! We ended up just teaching her about the BOM.
 
Yesterday was really good. I love Jamaica 1st :) Their spirits are so amazing. I am so glad I came here. The members want me to stay forever which is a huge compliment. I love them.
 
THis week I have been studying about patience. I love PMG's definition. "Patience is the capacity to endure delay, trouble opposition, or suffering without becoming angry, fustrated or anxious." I think one of the reasons the Lord sent me here was to learn patience. Sometimes I just want to go to brazil or have this ward be perfect right away. But everything happens on the Lords timing. Elder Scott says we must have trust in the Lord "This Life is an experience in profound trust--- trust in Jesus Christ, trust in His teachings, trust in our capacity as led by the Holy Spirit to obey those teachings for happiness how and for a purposefully supremely happy eternal existance. To trust means to obey willingly, without knowing the end from the beginning." I am working on that. I love this gospel. This gospel gives us more freedom then we can even imagine. Trust in the Lord. Have patience in His timing and with others. We are not perfect but the only perfect person God has ever had to deal with is the our Savior. Remembe Heaven is filled with those who have to be forgiven and those that have to forgive :) LOVE YOU!
 
Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment