Saturday, August 6, 2011

the week sister cunha cut my hair

HELLO! So today was crazy. We went all the way to Vitoria to get Book of Mormons and then back. The Brazilians have yet to eat lunch and they are all very cranky... haha. Sister Cunha cut my hair last night. Lets just say that it isn`t the worst hair cut I have had on the mission. I haveN´t seen the back yet, but the Irmas in igreja will for sure let me know if it is bad. Brazilians are brutally honest. I could have gone somewhere to get it it cut, but that would have just taken time. Funny where your priorities go on a mission. I figure...it is just hair and I sure have enough of it. , Rafeal finally was baptized. OH GLORIA (said in brazilian accent while raising my hands in the air...) He was a handful til the moment he walked in the font. First he was super late for his interview. We thought he wouldn`t show, but then we found him and I about hugged him I was so happy. The day of his baptism, I had to literally go into his house, find his pants, hand them to him, and walk him to the baptism. He asked me how much I got paid to do this... haha. Baptism sure can change people though, because the next day he went to church alone. He showed up early (with pants) received the gift of the Holy Ghost and had the biggest grin on his face throughout church. That man has driven me slightly crazy, but luckily we didn`t drop him. I said we would about 10000 times, but every time I went to his house with the intents of calling it quits he would say something that would change my mind. For example in a prayer he would say, "Thank you for sending the Sisters so I can be baptized and have a better life." Or I would find him teaching the plan of Salvation to a neighbor (sure he was telling him that we would like on the sun, but at least he was attempting to share the gospel). Or he would say something like, "You didn`t major in Portuguese before coming? How do you speak like that?" haha. The last was possibly my favorite. Anyway miracles happen, and this week they came in the disguise of Rafeal. But honestly, I love the mission. At times I didn`t like him, but I learned so much with him. He has changed so much. He prays, reads the scriptures, and brings his kids to church. He has a true desire to be better, and he has done what it takes. It is a miracle what happens to people. Sometimes it is hard to notice, but those gradual little changes become a huge change. What else happened this week...Oh I finally found out why I like my ward mission leader so much. He is Uncle Garin but Brazilian. Anyway I love you all. I am so happy. I have never been so tired and so happy. The church is so true. I hope you know how much I love ya`ll. Sister Powell



No comments

Post a Comment