Wednesday, August 10, 2011

o goodness I love yall.

From: McKenzie Powell [mailto:mckenzie.powell@myldsmail.net] Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 10:03 AM To: Mom; Kevin Powell; Sydney; Alex Subject: o goodness I love yall.

Kallie Jade. I loved the pictures my dad sent of your wedding. I am sad that I missed it, but I am so happy that you are happy! Ì love you and Ryan. Ya´ll will make beautiful babies ;)

So another transfer comes to an end. I am getting transferred. And I am going to train an American- Sister Johnson. This whole mission thing can be quite stressful. It is a good thing that I love it! I am really excited. I love transfers. I love change. Who would have thought? I think Sister Nicascio might be coming with us so that will be good. I can understand a great deal of what is being said at this point, so we would get by without her. But, goodness, there are days when I run into a person and I could swear that they are speaking Chinese. I don`t think Sister Nicascio is too thrilled with the prospect of living with someone that is learning Portuguese even more so than I am, but it will be good for her. Maybe not for Sister Johnson...haha. Just Kidding.

I don´t really know what to write. I am going to go to the beach today and I am going to sleep. All day. Well until 6:00. Then I will run to all my investigators´houses and say goodbye. I hate goodbyes. I hate that it is very possible that I will never see these people again. You really learn to love the people you serve in a way that is very special. You worry so much about them when you leave too. I hate not knowing if they are going to church and staying active. I want to stay here forever and be my annoying (but still irresistibly charming) self. Yesterday, I watched Rafael ride his bike all the way to church and then watched as he decided to turn around and head back to his house. I literally threw off my bag, yelled at sister Nicascio to follow suit, and ran after him. Lets just say that I ran so much faster than I ever did in a cross country race. My coach should have used Rafeal to give me a little more motivation. I am sad to leave them, and I am more than a little worried. But God has a purpose in everything, and it is always for our growth. Everything will work out great.

I am so happy. I love being a missionary.

I love ya`ll.

Thank you for everything.

Love,

Sister POwell



No comments

Post a Comment