Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 4, 2011

I just wrote my new president in Portuguese...about gave me a heart attack. So this might be short due to my time limit.

I am tired.

So tired.

Paulo was baptized this week. If he was the last person that I help be baptized on my mission, I would still go home happy. He is already talking about his mission and I know he will work miracles. I felt it the first day that I met him...he has a future so important, and I feel so blessed to have had a part in helping it happen. I sang at his baptism and felt like aunt Carie at my farewell...I didn`t get pass the first line without starting to cry. What an amazing thing this whole mission thing is. What an amazing thing it is to help people come unto Christ, and then to watch them reach a potential that they didn`t even know they had.

We are teaching so many amazing people. They are exahausting at times, but they are amazing. I love them so much, but goodness can they be frustrating. Must be what it feels to be a parent at times, huh? They are teaching me patience.

Another thing I am learning (I should find another starter phrase, huh?) is to speak simply and to the point. I have no choice but to speak simply when speaking this ridiculously difficult language, but I am learning that when we speak simply it actually goes a lot better. Funny story--(I found it comical at least). We were teaching an investigator the law of Chasity. I let Sister Nicascio take the lead and invite him to live the law. His face was so funny as he struggled to wrap his head around what we were asking him to do (he is like this with every law we teach...he tries to make it so much more difficult than it is). So I asked him this, "Are you having sex with your girlfriend Rafeal?" His face gave the answer..."In order to live this law, you will have to stop having sex ." His response, "I don`t know if I can do that. I love her" "Then you can marry her. The law is simple...you can`t have sex. If you want to be baptized and live with our Heavenly Father again you will love this woman and marry her or love her and stop having sex with her."

He will be baptized this week...

Sister Nicascio´s face made the whole thing that much better.

I love ya`ll.

if that was entirely inappropriate, you don`t have to put it in my blog.

Love,

Sister POwell

No comments

Post a Comment