Monday, July 11, 2011

Pictures tooo!

Hey everyone!

So according to the new President we CAN accept emails from other people other than our family, but we CAN`T send them. So that is cool :)

I can also listen to the music you sent me now Sydney. :)

So today I am going to the chocolate factory. I am more than a little bit excited! Hopefully this letter isn`t toooo scattered.

This week was wonderfuL! I don´t even know where I could begin.

Paulo passed the Sacrament. He looked so cute in his white shirt and tie. I don`t think I have ever been prouder. No, I take that back. Yesterday, when he went out with us and took us to one of his friends house. That was was my proudest moment. He taught all about the Book of Mormon, and testified in Christ and how his testimony has grown. Then at the end he looked at him and said that he would be coming to get him for church that next week. He is so awesome and is already talking about a mission!

I decided this week that I wanted an army of missionaries, thus my contacts have been aimed at any young man under the age of 26. It has created quite a few laughs in the process (I even got a somewhat tempting marriage proposal from a very attractive rapaz), but it has also helped find some wonderful investigators. One in particular is my favorite...if I was allowed to have them...Eptilo (who knows how his name is spelled). I saw him sitting in the park, and walked up to him and asked this question, "Why do you think there are so many churches today?" He looked at me like I was crazy, but really thought about a response. We talked for awhile, and he told us we could come and teach him later that week. When we taught him at his house, he was full of questions, but the cool thing was, they were all questions that had answers. I love that about the gospel. We have questions, but we can find the answers. Maybe not in that moment, but with time, we can find them. He wasn`t at his house when we came to teach him for the return appointment. That was frustrating. But as we were walking, I decided to say a prayer that we would see him... And just as I finished, there he was! We talked to him for a while, and I felt like we should give him a Book of Mormon even though we hadn`t taught about it yet. His eyes lit up so much while we talked. I am convinced he will be an Elder. Just ya`ll wait and see :)

I learned quite a few lessons about prayer this week, now that I think about it. Rafeal is having some major difficulties with giving up cigarettes. I have been praying that he would be able to overcome it, but the other night I thought about praying that he would get sick the next time he smoked. The next day, we showed up at his house and he was sick as a dog. Sister Nicascio asked him what was wrong, and he responded that he was fine until he smoked a cigarrette. He swears he will never touch another cigarrette. haha.

Well, I love you all. Thank you for being so wonderful. I am so happy :)

LOVE,

SISTER POWELL!

No comments

Post a Comment