Monday, December 13, 2010

HELLO :)

Well I have had like 100 emails today telling me that I gave the wrong address...so let me try this again.

194 Shelton Road Apartment #149 Madison, AL 35758 :)

Hopefully that helps!

Anyways, this week has been great!

Thadias is getting baptized this week! I can't even believe it. All things that could have gone wrong this week to keep him from getting there went wrong. Lost his job, family issues, sleeping in to where he almost didn't go to church (Luckily I have become quite good at the loud and obnoxious knocks that I woke him right on up). He really is so awesome. He will be such a great example to all those around him. He already has started to introduce us to others and I'm pretty sure the whole apartment complex will be at his baptism.

Lets see, I don't have a lot of time to write today so I'll just make a list of the events that were most memorable:

1. We had a Christmas Festival. Which was first the best festival I have ever been. The live nativity, the choir, the cookies, everything was amazing. But what made it the most enjoyable was Sister Stahly (she is always a good one for entertainment). I don't believe I told ya'll that Sister Stahly's loverboy (haha no way to describe it but that) lives in birhmingham. haha I know my reaction when I found out that we were going here. He goes to UAB for Grad School...for some degree I can't even begin to pronounce let alone spell-ends with -ology though if that helps...Anyway he shoowed up at the festival. hahahahah. I couldn't stop laughing. They were so awkward that the Brazilian sister I was talking to for the last forever (she wouldn't stop talking to me once she found out that i could somewhat speak her language, even though by the look on my face she could tell that I was only understanding about zero of it...but I'm getting off subject...this story is about sister Stahly) became silent. When I walked up to them, the only thing I could say was "whelp this is awkward" which didn't make things any better, but sure did make thier faces go red. haha.

2. We found out that there are about 80 Brazilians in the area...SO our goal this week is to find them. I already found out where three of them live (how I found out is confidential..pha) and hopefully will see them tongiht. So excited.

3. THe sariavas finally decided to come back to Alabama and they are are going to have us over for Christmas. They are a family from Brazil that are so excited to have us in the ward.

4. It snowed...It is so cold.

5. I found out I'm only like 10 hours from home because a family in my ward drove through Lake Charles last weekend! AH.

6. Sister Stahly and I h ave decided that we have moved from the honeymoon stage of our relationship to the old married couple. That should be self explanatory. I sure love her so much.

WELL I HAVE TO GO! For some reason Sister Stahly thinks it is hillarious to volunteer us for musical numbers...

LOVE Ya'll.

thank you so much for making this possible.

I love being here so much.

I might just never come back!

phah. jk

ooh...and I get to call ya'll sooooN!

SISter MCKENZIE POWELL

No comments

Post a Comment