Monday, November 14, 2011

November 7, 2011 7:11 AM

From: McKenzie Powell [mailto:mckenzie.powell@myldsmail.net] Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 7:11 AM To: Kevin Powell; Mom; Sydney; Alex Subject: This week I learned so much. Sister Peterson got here and about had a heart attack when she saw me. She thought for sure that I was Brazilian. But she was happy to see that that was not the case. It has been strange being without a Brazilian. I have learned this week that I relied on them very much to do a lot of things. But I didnt have them this week to take the lead in most of the conversations, to ask for directions (the words right and straight are very much similar it turns out), and to just make me feel comfortable here in Brazil. But this week gave me the chance to see that I am really able to do all those things much better than I thought. Sure I turned right when he said straight, but I figured it out. We taught some wonderful peolple this week and even were able to get some our recent converts to bring friends to church. I really am learning as a missionary that I need to be such a better member when I get home. I think I want to stay in our home ward for a few months just so that I can try to catch up on all the work I lacked on when I was home. Sister Michelotto threw up the entire night...We all know how I get when other people are throwing up. It was a long night. haha. But I prayed and we were able to get through the night. I have never met someone who gets as sick as much as sister Michelotto. But goodness I love that girl. I am so glad that she still is in the house as me. I have made so many great friends here in Brazil. I love you all. And cant wait to see yall in four months :) Love, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment