Monday, September 5, 2011

Eu quero ser um elder

Just kidding. Sister Nicascio decided to stay. I found my first grey hair. Ironically, Sister Nicascio found it. This week was a rollar coaster...as normal. Goodness, I love being a missionary, but sometimes I wish I was an elder. We worked really hard this week, but it seemed like nobody wanted to listen or keep commitments. I had my first day on the mission where not even my cuteness could get us into a house...it was more than a little humbling. haha. It was the day after Sister Nicascio decided to stay, it was very hot, and none of us had really slept for three days, and NOBODY wanted to talk to us. All our appointments canceled. Everyone said they were either evangelical, that they read the Bible (which is never the response to the question I start with), or that they were too busy. Needless to say that after 4 hours of batendo portas we were very much tired. I tried to keep my mood up because I could see that it was not going anywhere good. I tried to tell stories of people telling me that I was going to Hell in Alabama. I tried to tell stories of people that go their whole mission with days like this. I even tried to play games with our contacts. Nothing worked. haha. I think the more I talked, the more annoyed everyone elso got. It was a really fun day! But I learned an important lesson...to really appreciate all the success that we have the majority of the days. So that made me happy. Besides, everyone needs at least one day when nobody (and I mean NOBODY) wants to talk to them. So much happens in one week...it is really hard to pick out things to share. Oh! Carol will be baptized this week! I am so excited for her. She is such a sweet heart and when she prays I always get the boost I need. She is so humble, and loves this gospel so much. I love when we find people that just recognize that things are true and then act. I just love this gospel. I just love you all. And I just really want to go to bed. So I think I will end this. But don`t worry...I love ya`ll. And I am soooo happy :) Love, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment