Monday, May 9, 2011

OI!

It was so goo to talk to ya`ll yesterday! It is so strange how normal it was. I felt like such a little chatter box the entire time, but I just had so much to say! We had zone conference in Vitoria this week. As always, I found things that I needed to change about myself. That always happens at any conference as a missionary- you never are good enough. Love it. Seriously I do. If there is one thing that I have learned as a missionary is to love correction. I gave up chocolate. Yes, I know. I gave up chocolate. I can`t believe it myself. I need more patience and understanding of my investigators that are having to give things up to live the commandments. So far it is working. Giving up chocolate is hard! But I still have my abacaxi...so it is all good. I love Brasil. Have I told anyone that yet? I really do. The people here are just so amazing. They are different, but they are amazing. One thing I learned this week...no matter who you are or where you are. The gospel applies to us all and helps us all. I met some of the humblest people this week. We are working in an area that is by far the poorest of those in Linhares. Everytime I walk in to the neighborhood, I want to cry. The kids are so skinny. They don`t wear shoes, but they play in garbage. I just want to take everyone home with me, but that would be illegal so I refrain. I do manage to always have a bag of candy when I go. Whenever they see me they all come running up with their hands out for candy, and they always say thank you. ah..I never have enough time on here. I hate these computers...sorry. I love being a missionary though :) Love you all. Thanks for everything yall doo! Love, Sister POwell

No comments

Post a Comment