Friday, October 29, 2010

I love ya'll!

O my goodness it is that time again.
What a week!
So first off, I got the package. I think it was the heaviest package ever sent to the MTC...but luckily I just had to pretend to look really weak and about a hundred elders flooded in to offer their services (one of the great things of being at the MTC). I loved it all. Thank you so much :)!
Second off, I didn't have a lot of time to mail a letter today (not sure where the day went) but good news...I get to call ya'll Wednesday. We are going to be reassigned (temporarily). There are about thirty of us so we could pretty much go anywhere. I'm crossing my fingers Sister Stahly and I go the same place, because that would just be amazing. Not going to lie I don't really like thinking about it, because it makes me super nervous to leave here. Even more nervous to think that I will be speaking to Americans...I was really banking on playing the whole cute/clueless/american sister card. Not going to happen for a little while. They are even putting some in spanish speaking missions....hahaha
But I will go where need to go, and do what I need to do.
Soooo lets see....
I haven't slept in about three days. I'm not sure why. Maybe it is the fact that my pillows are the same pillows that they used in the 70s. Maybe it is the fact that my new roommate (bless her heart) snores louder than Pawpaw Powell (I'm dead serious). Maybe it is me somewhat stressing out. I would vote on the first two...but you never know.
Anyway...I'm very very tired.
But happy :)
So the sisters and I made a basketball league--my idea...surprising, I know.

(take a minute to picture me playing basketball and laugh).

We have matching outfits and everything...my idea again....surprising, I know

(take a minute to picture me wearing shorts way past my bellybutton and laugh again).

Needless to say, we are a hit.
I will be sending pictures shortly.
(sorry about all the parenthesis (is that how it is spelled))
(I kind of like them).
(I'm really really tired)
OK! So highlight of the week (even more so than my basketball league...i know crazy) was Elder Richard G. Scott.
So for all of you who do not know who Richard G. Scott is--let me tell you...He is an apostle. And when he left, there was not a question in my mind that he was exactly that--an apostle of the Lord. (Ephesians 2:20)
I have never heard anything like it. He spent the entire time sharing with us lessons he had learned about how the Holy Ghost leads and guides us through life. He compiled a list of thoughts that he had taken from his journals and put them on a paper and passed them all out to us so that we could keep it forever. I wanted to copy it, but it is copyrighted. It really is that amazing. I keep it in my scriptures...I could spend a lifetime studying it (which makes sense since it took a lifetime for him to compile).
He taught powerfully and lovingly. I don't think I have ever been more proud to be a sister missionary than I was at that time. He spent a vast majority of the time talking about us and how much he admired us. (you will like this next part daddy) he then blessed all of the sister missionaries with a shield of safety (His exact words, "I invoke upon you a shield of safety"). He told us that as long as we lived righteously and paid attention to the spiritual promptings that would be given to us that we would all be protected from all the evil that we might encounter. He promised us that. I can't tell you what a comfort that was in that moment.
He went on to "invoke upon us" two other gifts. The gift of tongues and the gift confidence. Basically he promised us all that if we lived the way we should, if we acted with faith, and if we are the missionaries we needed to be, we would be able to do all we needed to do.
How amazing is that?
He then ended with his testimony which might have been the most powerful testimony I ever heard. He told us that he testified, not as Richard G. Scott, but as an apostle of the Lord that he knew Jesus Christ. He knew the love he has for His children. He knew Him.


I know that he truely is an apostle. 
I know it because I have felt it witnessed to me that he is.
I encourage everyone of you to study the words of the apostles and prophets. I promise you the things they say are things that you will find will very much touch you. That will very much change your lives. These are men of God, you will recognize that through the words.
I love ya'll so much.
Thank you for supporting me while I've been here.
Talk to you soon family :)

No comments

Post a Comment