Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 2 Down

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it is already time to write again.

I spent a good portion of my day writing all ya'll letters so they should be coming shortly. So be very excited.

This week has flown by. The days are long, but the week sure was short.

I'm happy to report that it was another week full of great events.

 I wish I had time to share all of them, but the clock counting down on the side of my screen always makes me a tad bit nervous and always makes me forget all that I wanted to say.
I made a new friend this week. Her name is Sister Manawah (no idea how to spell it). Sister Stahly and I found her wandering down the hallway of the main building on Wednesday without a companion. She looked clueless but sweet so i decided to approach her. Turns out she didn't speak almost any english but spoke french. And surprise of all surprises, I was able to communicate with her. Haha. I know, surprising right? Especially for all of you that have seen my french grades. But anyway turns out she is from a small island in the pacific.(i want to say tucanos...but I'm most likely just hungry) I had her point it out to us on the map. She says there are about 200 hundred people that live on the island...I could have heard her wrong but I checked twice. And guess where they are sending her? Yep...New York City. hahah she was blown away by the amount of people that were in the MTC here. I can't imagine what she will think when she gets to NYC. I was blown away.
But she is the sweetest thing and is so excited to share the Gospel. I was thinking about what a blessing serving a mission will be for her, her family, and her island. She will come back with such strength and knowledge. She will come back a leader. I see her every so often and always make sure to speak to her. She seems to be doing great and her smile always reminds me that despite difficulties there is always reason to be happy.

We were so busy this week. Sister Stahly was called as coordinating sister so we have been running around to meet after meeting. She even has left me alone a few times with the elders. I have a great district, but I am so grateful I am not a solo sister. Sister Stahly keeps me sane. I never had to deal with boys for long periods of times before. Their focus is that to equal a three year olds. It really is a miracle that they are able to get anything accomplished. I feel like their mom a lot of the times, which at first I felt bad about, but now it's almost second nature to tell them to shut up...(in a very more loving manner, of course)

Haha,vbut for real. They are amazing. I really have grown to love them. It's fun to joke around with them. Fun to get to know them. Fun to watch them grow and learn. Missions really do a lot for a person that's for sure.

This week in the TRC, Sister Stahly and I learned a lot. We went about it in a completely different way. We were told that we need to learn to focus on the individual more.  I learned that although I'm not the most eloquent speaker, I am a very good question maker and that actually goes a long way when teaching. I have a lot more to learn of course, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Two of my roommates are leaving next week. I'm really sad to see them go, because in just two weeks we have all become great friends. One is going to Chicago and another Minneapolis until their visas come in. They are so excited to begin. And I am so excited for them. (For the Clarks in Minneapolis, keep an eye out for Sister Johnson. She is about the size of a peanut and is the cutest thing ever).

Every day I find myself wishing I had more time to study, even though that's all I do every day.

I'm learning so much.


Every day I find myself wishing i had more time to study, even though that's all i do every day. I am crusing through Jesus the Christ...seriously.



I love it so much here. People I know who run into me always comment on how happy I look, and it is simply because I am so happy--happier than i have ever been.

I have always been blessed with a sure faith in my Savior. And that faith is what has gotten me through many things. But I'm learning here how I can come to know my Savior. He lives. He really does.

My faith is turning into something much more than I ever thought possible.
I can't even begin to fathom what it will be at the end of this eighteen months.
I'm so excited to be here. I don't care where they send me. Send me to Bogolosa for all I care. I can't wait to share what I have come to find for myself with everyone and anyone who is willing to listen..
I love ya'll so much. Than your for supporting me in this.
Love.
Sister Powell.

1 comment

  1. sounds like such a great time! youare going to do great! I read Jesus the Christ in my first area. what a great book from what i remember. sooo much info in there. well, I am so happy for you and hope youkeep studying hard! I love you Kenzie! ou are a great example! Love Uncle Cori

    ReplyDelete