Monday, December 12, 2011

I made it 23 years

Well what a week. Let me start out with a story. So a year ago, Thanksgiving day to be exact, we brought Thadius to a ward activity. I told myself before hand that I would only watch the soccer game, even though I very much wanted to show off what little soccer talent I have left, so when I got there I went directly to the bench. While sitting thinking back to the good old days of sitting on the bench with dear kallie jade and megan stone, I noticed some kids joking around on another field. I decided that there would be nothing wrong with kicking the ball a bit with them so I went on over. They were very quickly amazed by the little talent I had, and were then asking me to start kicking the ball in the goal. I thought about it, saw no harm in it, and shot the ball in the goal. And although I made the goal, here is where I went wrong...I pivoted. I heard the familiar pop and felt a very similar pain. Unfortunately, it was the kind of pain that you can´t ignore, and my companion had to carry me to the car and give me a piggy back up the stairs of our house. She wanted to call President, but I knew something was wrong so I just told her that we would wait it out and then call him. haha. (I havent changed all that much it seems). I said a prayer that I would be able to finish what i needed to finish and the next day I started working. My knee hurt, but I just ignored it, and in a few weeks it seemed to be normal. I think I wore my brace up to Christmas just to be sure. I told myself that there was nothing wrong, but whenever I ran I could feel something was very much loose. But as you all can tell from my pictures, I just avoided that by not running. haha. The good part of the story is that Thadius was intergrated into the ward. Nothing like a good game of football to create lasting friendships. But here I am a year later, and for some reason my knee just wants to decide to start complaining. It was a hard week. I didn´t want to tell anyone, but one day while walking past President´s appartment I felt like I should talk to him. So I talk to Sister and we went to the doctors. It doesn´t take a brain surgeon to see that it is very much loose, but I will be getting an MRI this week. That should be fun. I sure do love MRIs. Anyway needless to say this week was tough. Not just because everyone and their mom didn´t want to talk to us, but because it has been a constant fight with me and myself. I am so annoyed with myself. I have become so tired talking to myself in my mind that i look for whatever opportunity I can to talk to anyone else. haha. Needless to say, our number of contacts are going up very fast. I also have been doing a great amount of talking to my heavenly Father, and as a result have learned quite a few lessons. First and most importantly, this is not my mission. It is the Lord´s. Whatever happens, it will be his will. So for all of you that are asking about my knee. That is the story. Dont worry. I am fine. It only hurts when I stop. I got a blessing from the goofiest elder in the world, and learned another lesson- a worthy priesthood leader giving a blessing, speaks the words of God. I heard exactly what I needed to hear. The ligament most likely is broken again. And that means I will need surgery, but God will help me do what I need to do before that happens. So I will just keep working until I can´t. And don´t worry I will really stop when I can´t. I am hoping that will be March 8th. But my mission has been one of so many unexpected events that who knows....Only God. But I will be sure to let ya´ll know when I do. OH and keep senhor Pedro in your prayers. This week is his baptism! Ah. I can´t believe it. No I take it back...I can. The best part of the week was finding him reading the Book of Mormon. What a great thing it is to be a missionary. Thanks for everything that yall do. I will be seeing you..sooner or later :) lets hope on later. phah LOVE YOU, Sister Powell

No comments

Post a Comment